- Builders Trust of New Mexico HR objectives are to attract, recruit, hire, retain and motivate talented individuals needed to fulfill our organizational needs.
- Function as a high performance team through developing HR competencies, skills and knowledge.
- Develop strong positive relationships with all employees and Participants.
- Align company policies with federal and state employment laws and regulations to maintain compliance and to ensure a safe work environment.
- Support the talent development of our employees through professional development, career development, and improved performance management.
- Provide input to ensure competitive wages and benefits.
Working For You
5931 Office Blvd. NE, Suite, Albuquerque, NM 87109
Field Safety Consultant & Compliance Trainer (Bilingual)
Builders Trust of New Mexico provides workers compensation coverage for over 1500 construction industry companies in the state of New Mexico. We have experienced Field Safety staff that will consult and perform safety training classes for our Participant/Owners to help reduce risk on the job-site. After all, we all know that having accidents (a work comp claim, auto claim, etc...) may cause premiums to go up. We work in partnership with our insured companies to enhance the safety culture to help ensure workers go home to their families every day. The Field Safety Service Consultant evaluates safety practices and interprets OSHA and other construction industry regulatory standards to analyze job-site risk. The position provides safety inspections, accident prevention surveys, on-site and/or classroom training in both English and Spanish and evaluation of various safety protocols. Position requires frequent travel across the state of New Mexico with regular overnight stays.
Responsibilities and Duties
Conduct on-site safety inspections
Conduct industry specific training courses in both English and Spanish and adjust training to the specific needs of the attendees
Record or document all inspections, surveys, and training courses using discretion in analyzing various job duties
Translate, review and develop course training material in Spanish
Perform field inspections and communicate at required times in Spanish with bilingual owners and personnel
Driving a company vehicle is a requirement of the position; therefore possession of a valid and current driver's license and maintenance of driving records in order to operate a company vehicle are essential functions of the position
Qualifications and Skills
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Industry related and recognized certifications that support the ability to perform inspections and training as required
OSHA 500 Construction Industry Trainer and/or OSHA 501 General Industry Trainer
National Safety Council or American Red Cross First Aid & CPR Trainer certification
Above minimum certifications or the combination of previous work experience and the ability to obtain these certifications within 90 days of employment
Three to five years of relevant experience in construction industry inspection and accident prevention strategies
Medical, dental, vision, simplified employee pension plan, PTO, paid holidays, life insurance, short and long term disability
Job Type: Full-time
Competitive Compensation Package
- Salaries Competitive within the industry
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Including most major holidays
- Health Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan (SEP)
- Flex Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Profit Sharing Program
Who is New Mexico’s Construction Leader In Safety Training?
10 Hour OSHA
30 Hour OSHA
Defensive Driving Fall Protection
Respiratory Safety Excavation & Trenching Safety
Slips, Trips & Falls